Colombia Challenge Your Knowledge (CCYK) is a non-profit network, composed by 28 Colombian Higher Education Institutions, both public and private, with presence throughout the country and accredited in high quality by the Ministry of National Education, whose mission is to promote Colombia as an international destination for quality higher education and research. The network was created in 2009 and since that year has continuously led several initiatives focused on the design, implementation, monitoring and research in the processes of internationalization of higher education in Colombia.
The main objectives of CCYK are:
• To promote and disseminate Colombian research, academic and outreach programs abroad.
• To strengthen the internationalization of the Accredited Universities in high quality education of Colombia
• To study current trends in internationalization and to promote quality processes in all Colombian higher education institutions.
• To promote active collaboration among Colombian universities, making our country a diverse and increasingly integrated campus for national and international students, as well as being a relevant and reliable partner for international education programs.
• To integrate internationalization in the curriculum of academic programs.
• To integrate strategies for strengthening second and third language in the study plans, not only as a requirement for obtaining degrees.
• To manage funds to encourage international student mobility at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
• To articulate and coordinate resources and efforts to generate greater impact and visibility of the country brand in international forums of high level, as well as international congresses of Higher Education.
• To encourage multilingualism among member institutions and promote Colombia as a destination for learning Spanish for foreigners.