The University of La Salle is a catholic and lasallian institution, founded by the Brothers of the Christian Schools, on November 15, 1965.
Its institutional educational project is inspired by the Catholic educational model and the Lasallian educational style, which has been consolidated over more than 320 years. Its mission is based on comprehensive education and knowledge generation that contribute to the social and productive transformation of the country; mission supported on the values of solidarity and fraternity, respect and tolerance, honesty and social responsibility, thus promoting a sense of truth and respect for the autonomy of knowledge.
La Salle actively participates in the construction of a just and peaceful society, through the training of professionals who, through their knowledge, their values, their social sensitivity and their sense of belonging to the country, contribute to searching equity, the defense of life and the commitment to sustainable human development.
The commitment to continuous improvement of academic quality has allowed La Salle to receive the High Quality Institutional Accreditation on two occasions, being part of the group of higher education institutions in Colombia with this important recognition.
La Salle University operates from an international academic orientation, basing its internationalization on a clear vision highly connected to the service to society. Internationalization is strongly related to research, education, and service to society, and has been formulated as a “humanized internationalization” which “invites to a permanent reflection about the human being and its role in a global knowledge society”.La Salle is distinguished by the following main aspects:
- Best inclusive Summer Academy Program in Colombia.
- Promoters of international volunteering programs.
- Pioneers in education and rural development matters.
- 30 graduate scholarships for international students every year.
- Over 100 international visiting scholars per year from more than 18 countries.
- 61 La Salle sister universities in the world.
- Best practice award on Institutional Management in Colombian Universities (2015).
- National Award on Innovation and Development (2014).
- National Solidarity award for its “Utopia Project” (2016).
- National Peace Award – special mention- (2013).
- Awarded by IESALC-UNESCO with the “Ojo de Plata” award on Social Responsibility (2014).
- Certificate for Quality in Internationalization (CeQuInt).
The European Consortium for Accreditation in higher education (ECA) awarded La Salle University with a Certificate for Quality in Internationalization (CeQuInt) in 2015, being the first university awarded outside Europe.
- Recognized by QS Stars with 5 Stars in Inclusion and 4 Stars in Social Responsibility and Teaching (2018).
- International Acreditation from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA).
- International Acreditation from “Consejo Latinoamericano de Ciencias Sociales (CLACSO)” to the Social Work Program (2017).
Three campuses located in the capital city of Bogotá and one in El Yopal (Casanare).
Candelaria Campus – Bogotá
- Schools: Engineering, Habitat Sciences, Administrative and Accounting Sciences and Basic Sciences Department.
- La Salle’s Natural History Museum has more than 80.000 species, zoological, botanical, mineralogical and paleontological collections.
Chapinero Campus – Bogotá
- Schools: Health Sciences, Education Sciences, Economic and Social Sciences, Philosophy and Humanities and Lasallian Education Department.
- Language Centre.
- Optometry Clinic.
- High complexity instrumental laboratory.
North Campus – Bogotá
- Schools: Agricultural Sciences School.
- Veterinary Clinic.
Utopia Campus – El Yopal (Casanare)
- Agronomic Engineering Program.